Getting on the Water
Introduction to Kayaking: Paddling and Safety Instruction Sunday August 22
A full day of kayaking aimed at beginners or anyone wanting formal instruction ages 12+ (minor youth need an accompanying adult) at Holyoke Rows. Come join Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) Western Mass leaders and other folks learning how to safely get out on the water!
Register directly through the AMC website for a great day on the water at Holyoke Rows.
It takes a community to run a community boat house. Come help as we stage events, sand and fix boating equipment, organize our space, install cabinets, make pies and so much more.
Now is the perfect time to help out as we prepare for our favorite fall event, The Paper City Regatta!
Email John Hooks Davis or call the Boathouse for more info.
- Saturday Aug 28-- The Care Center of Holyoke's Young Parents Regatta--The pinnacle of the Rowing Strong, Rowing Together program with coach Laura Christoph. This event is exclusive to the Care Center Crew members, but supporters and spectators are encouraged!
- Sunday Aug 29-- "Third Weekend" River Day and End of Summer potluck at the boathouse!
- Saturday Sept 11--Rockrimmon Regatta, Springfield 3 mile stake race for singles, doubles, and fours
- Saturday Sept 18-- "Third Weekend" Come help us prep for our hometown regatta!
- Saturday Sept 25--The Paper City Regatta, Holyoke Rows 4k and 2k races
- Sunday Sept 26-- NECKRA Holyoke Rows Fall Festival Race
All ages, abilities, and interests always welcome!